Considered as the most challenging of all the trades in engineering, aeronautical engineering is the most sought after course among various Engineering Colleges in India. Enrolled into this course, you get the privilege to work with the best designed and developed and technologically advanced branches of engineering. Aeronautical engineering is all about designing and construction, testing and operation as well as maintenance of aircraft and aircraft components. The engineers would be working for the most guarded and expensive equipments that the research and development people have come up with. And they would be subjected to world class facility once they are through with the course. There are various Career Options in Engineering.
Essentially, the thrust in this area is on development and design of equipments which extends even to space and satellite research. It is a real exciting field with immense scope of opportunities which ensure that you grow professionally, learn and satisfaction of job. Someone going in for aeronautical engineering has to be physically fit and fully committed to the work at hand. Many student making a bright Career in Aeronautical Engineering.
Intermediate of Science with high percentage of marks in Science subjects and qualifying exam (JEE).
To be an aeronautical engineer you need to be a BE/B.Tech. in aeronautics.
Amongst other Engineering Colleges in India The Madras Institute of Technology offers 1 year postgraduate programme in aeronautical engineering for B.Sc. Students.
An individual can also go for M.Tech. and Ph.D. in aeronautics from the Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore.
Students who have cleared the papers of Associate membership exam conducted by ASI (Aeronautical Society of India), which is at par with a bachelor’s degree in aeronautical engineering are also liable to become aeronautical engineers. It is absolutely possible to take a degree in electronics or physics to work in this field and let other options in this field to be explored.
The Bachelor’s degree programme focuses more on the the fundamentals of propulsion, electronics, and automatic control guidance, theory of aerodynamics, structural analysis, material science, and fluid dynamics. Since all these theory is very much important for maintenance and exceptional functioning of an aircraft, various Engineering Colleges in India have comprehensive pattern of making students in sync with the practicality of what all they study in books.
When you are an aeronautical engineer, you chance of working will mostly be with with airlines, particularly the government carriers, Air India, Indian Airlines, Pawan Hans, and aircraft manufacturers, Hindustan Aeronautical Ltd. and other organizations concerned with the aircraft industry. Even there is ample opportunity in the field of space and research centres in India and abroad.
In many Engineering Colleges in India, where aeronautical engineering is taught, they place their students for R&D work as well. Many go in areas of Ministry of Defense and Ministry of Civil Aviation, in defense research laboratories and civil aviation departments.
Engineering Colleges in India where Aeronauticals is a trade :-
1.Indian Institute of Technology, Powai, Mumbai 400076 (Maharashtra)
2. IIT, Kharagpur 721302 (WB)
3. Indian Institute of Technology, Chennai 600036 (Tamil Nadu)
4. Madras Institute of Technology, Chennai 600044 (Tamil Nadu)
5. Hindustan Inst of Engineering Technology, 40 GST Road, P.O.Box No.1306, St. Thomas Mount, Chennai 600016 (Tamil Nadu)
6. Nehru College of Aeronautical and Applied Sciences, Coimbatore (Tamil Nadu)
7. School of Aviation Science and Technology, Delhi Flying Club, Safdarjung Airport, New Delhi
8. Punjab Engineering College, Chandigarh 160011
9. IIT, Kanpur 208016 10. Indian Institute of Aeronautics, Patna Airport, Patna 800014 (Bihar)
11. Institute of Aviation Technology, 1265, Sector 6, Bahadurgarh, Haryana 124507
12. VSM Aerospace, Chelekere Village (Near Kammanahalli), Bangalore 560008 (Karnataka)
13. Hindustan Electronics Academy, 61, Cambridge Road, P.B.No.806, Ulsoor, Bangalore 560008 (Karnataka)
14. Indian Institute of Aeronautical Engineering, 179, Kalidas Road, Dehradun 248001 (Uttaranchal)
Adarsh Sharma is the webmaster of Latestt.com. For more information about Career Options in Engineering, Career in Engineering and Career in Aeronautical Engineering visit the site.