India Today and Outlook in their respective surveys conducted on June, 2009 ranked BITS Pilani. IT BHU and IIT Guwahati amongst the top 10 engineering colleges.
Engineering Colleges are technical knowledge colleges recognized by the All India Council for Technical Education and the local UGC recognized university. The students may choose from the following popular branches offered in an engineering course:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Instrumentation Engineering
How to Choose an Engineering Colleges
Look for the below-mentioned features when looking for an engineering college:
- Infrastructure: Check out to confirm whether an engineering college has sufficient infrastructure to accommodate student capacity. The features to look out for are classroom, administrative building, workshop, computer labs and laboratories. Keep in mind that you have to spend four years of graduation and the infrastructural facilities need to act as basic foundation.
- Faculty: Ensure that the good infrastructure is supported by eminent faculty and industry experts. Make sure that the faculty members are experienced and the teacher:student ratio ensures personalized attention. The facilities of the institution can be utilized under the able guidance of the teachers. Always have a look at the college faculty which includes its professors, readers, lecturers and visiting faculty.
- Facilities: This is another important factor needs to be considered before filing admissions in an engineering college. Facilities provided by college assist you throughout the college period. An engineering college must provide sustainable facilities, such as library, Internet, intranet, hostels, seminar halls, dispensary, student clubs and gymnasium.
- Placements: This is the decisive factor for students when they are searching for a good engineering college. Placements choose for on-campus hiring based on factors, such as infrastructure, faculty, facilities, provided by college . It also depends on the student’s capability, college rankings, internship performance of the students in a company. However, nothing surpasses individual talent and personality of any student. To make a wise choice look at the historical performance of an engineering college and its placement record.
- Extra curricular activities: We should take into account the co-curriculum of the college because “all work and no play make jack a dull boy.” In today’s competitive environment, personality of the student enhances his prospects. Extra curricular activities act as catalyst for personality development. See the types of activities promoted by the college, such as annual function, sport function, students club, seminars and workshops, industrial training, social activities, NCC and NSS.
- Location: The location of the engineering college within close proximity of any industrial or software hub is useful for any industrial training and placement.
Tips to Choose an Engineering College
Follow the following tips to make the best choice:
- Visit the college web site
- Consult your seniors who are students of the institution
- Visit the college for a personal visit for confirmation
- Take the help of any career counselor, if confused between multiple universities.
Top 10 Engineering Colleges in India
According to the June, 2009 Survey results the following colleges are ranked as Top 10:
- IIT Kharagpur
- IIT Bombay
- IIT Kanpur
- IIT Delhi
- IIT Madras
- BITS Pilani
- IIT Roorkee
- IT-BHU Varanasi
- IIT Guwahati
- College of Engineering, Anna University
Shefali Roy is webmaster of latestt. U can get information here related to engineering college, top 10 engineering colleges in India like IIT /bombay, IIT Guwahati and IIT Delhi and many more. To get more information visit latestt.com